Anyone has heard the Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronou

I am curious to know whether this would be a worthy addition to my Bel Canto 2.5 Thank you.
dlavoie

Showing 1 response by gocubs999

I posted my experiences with the REFlLink on another thread as follows: As an Audiophile for the last 20 years, it is rare to have a couple of WOW moments in a three week period. Recently acquired an Esoteric K03 (was using an Ayre QB9) and although I was pleased with the performance of the QB9, the K03 sounded remarkably (Jaw dropping) better. I am not proficient at explaining what I heard, but; clarity, transparency and overall presentation left me star struck. The Async USB input and accompanied DACs are special. After reading a few posts that exist and speaking to friends in the business I decided to demo the new Bel Canto RefLink. I have a modified headless SSD Mac Mini feeding the Bel Canto via USB and use the RCA/BNC Adapter with a Transparent Reference 75ohm Digital cable connected to the K03 Coaxial input. I honestly was skeptical after the improvements I heard with the K03 USB input vs the QB9, but;....thats what this crazy hobby is all about I guess. The damn thing made my Avalon Indra's sing like never before.
My comments to the dealer I acquired it from are as follows: I had a chance to listen to a few tracks and compare using direct input into the amazing new Esoteric K03 A sync USB input and The Bel Canto Ref via Digital link to the Coaxial input of the K03. Rest assured you will not be receiving this back. Played both HD Tracks Hi REZ recordings and a few top quality Redbook CD's and all I can say is WOW! Micro & Macro transients are improved, transparency and soundstage is more realistically positioned. Greater separation of instruments has all taken me closer to being in the recording studio. I do not know about taking me closer to analog (perhaps overused as a way to explain great sound), but; this unit has found a new home from an otherwise skeptical audiophile.
Thanks again!

Kudos to Bel Canto....TRULY A GREAT PRODUCT.