Anyone got a "Best of" jazz CDs for 2007?

There are usually a few members who post some good "best of" lists at the end of the year. Anyone got a jazz list they'd like to share?
sc53

Showing 2 responses by qdrone

I don't know if it was released in 2007 but last year i purchased a CD I keep coming back to Jimmy Smith/ Music for Lovers. Blue Note put out a series of CD's which were called "music 4 lovers" which featured artists from there stable doing smokey ballads and songs written about ladies and this one just kicks dirt all over the ones I have. It's one CD I keep coming back to in fact on a trip out to my place in the desert I left it in the CD player on the ride out and back. Rainy night,roaring fire,bottle of cabernet and this music in the backround and your in for some lovin'.
Mosiac Select #26 / Bobby Hutcherson. Three CD's of material culled from 5 albums that never sold because jazz was entrenched in the Creed Taylor/Don Sebesky era along with the disco jazz fusion that was prevelent of this time period. Not a clunker in the set with some really good sidemen along for the ride from Woody Shaw to Freddie Hubbard. The recordings sound great too,taken from the 2 track masters. released in 2007.