Anyone from the Greater Detroit Area remember this

I read a recent tread called "IT'S A SOUL THANG" and boy did that bring back some memorie's for me growing up wright in the thick of the "Motown Sound".Every December at the "FOX THEATER" in Detroit,they held what was called the "MOTOWN REVIEW",it was held on a Friday and Saturday,for 2 weeken'd straight."Little Stevie Wonder",Temptations,Smokey,they were all there.Doe's anyone else remember this? What about "WCHB" AM 1440,best soul station in Detroit,then.Remember "White's Record's",on West Grand Blvd.and Ferry?What fond memorie's!! Hope you enjoyed this,I am currently living in Iowa.Thanks!!! Ron...
ron007

Showing 1 response by ron007

I was a graduate of Edsel Ford High 1973,it is "really" great to hear from Tomyran,Xagwell,and Boa2.My friend and myself were the only white people at "several"motown reviews.Everyone was there for 1 reason,and race did not matter.Bus fare was 25 cent's,ahh those were the days.Dearborn Music,on the corner of Michigan Ave,and Monroe was also a good record store.Nothing came close to White's record'however! You mention Butterball Junior,his real name was Wade Briggs,I had the pleasure of interviewing him at WCHB,on Michigan Ave and Henry Ruff Road,he even let me "slip cue",a couple 45's at White's Record's,while he was doing a live remote,what a thrill at age 15!! Remember "JERRY SCHONETH'S" ROOSTERTAIL?Good to hear from you guy's!!! Ron007