Anyone familiar with the Manger driver?

Sounds like a new and innovative approach to a speaker design. The big question is, HOW DOES IT SOUND? Some interesting stuff on their website MANGER, but I'm curious to know the impressions of people who have actually heard one...I didn't make it to the CES this year.
fatparrot
I hope you test on open baffle and measure below or at 30ms.
Of course, without interpolating passive components. Since you're using a generator, limit the bandwidth if necessary.
What a gorgeous thread to join for I´ve been playing my Manger 103 Zerobox for many years now driven by tube amps.
My ears feel content so far, let´s wait and see what the instruments at the svoboda labs will find out.
I have been playing the manger drivers in a pair of Medea's, they need time to break in, took over a ytwo years, and theyy also need fast amps, as well as powerful one's, they are reasonably efficient, but seem to really thrive on power.
The Audio Physic Medea speakers were at the heart of the single most awesome moment I've ever had in the high-end hobby.
I was privileged to hear them at Immedia in Berkeley some seven years ago. They were utterly compelling, "hors classe" in a way that I've never heard a cone-driver speaker (or horn, or planar, etc.) even approximate.
The system backing the speakers, ohhh let me think - monoblock amps by SiriuS, the company that is now GamuT. The preamp was a Connoisseur Definitions v2, and LPs were spun on an Immedia "Revolution" turntable, of which too few were made. I was on the list for one such before I experienced a cash-flow discontinuity....
Wonderful speakers. Beyond my means then and now. But they are ranked among the very few products, audio or otherwise, that I wish I'd made the extra effort to know better.
Much like that girl who I really should have kissed when I was seventeen.

More wine, waiter!

cheers apo
Hi all,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Derek Wilson and it is with great trepidation that I enter your audio lions den!
For I bring some bad news for all fans of cone, dome, ribbon, panel (all things pistonic) and of course the evil passive crossover!

I do hope you will remain open minded after taking the time to read all the science, biology and technology that is detailed on the new Overkill Audio website.
I don't think I can print the link here but in the end there can be only one!
Our Finale, Encore, Predator, Prey, Angel and Dark Angel speaker systems along with The Conductor & The End Game should be easy to find and hopefully very difficult to ignore!.
As pretenders to the throne we must earn or shot at the title and we hope that the last 6 years of R&D and the fruits of our labour (again please see Overkillaudio website) will prove that we are indeed serious contenders. I do hope we will be allowed to organise some demonstrations and properly controlled independent audio shootouts in America. The first of the European shootouts will begin in the early spring 2008. For the lucky few music lovers who can afford $30 to $60K there is now a solution to all the audio reproduction problems.
I believe a year from now the Emperor is going to look very naked!

I thank you all for your time in advance of your replies (Gulp!) and as the great Winston Churchill once said " Whilst I totally disagree with you 100% I will defend until my dying breath your right to disagree with me"
Long live democracy!

Yours Sincerely

Derek Wilson
Overkill Audio