Anyone ever have claims for damage with UPS?

I recently shipped some Martin Logan Aerius in their original boxes via UPS and they cracked both of the side rails on both speakers! There is some dispute whether the box and packing material meets their guidelines. They were insured, taped in four different spots with strapping tape, but the just got abused buy them. Any hints on how to deal with them? It's not over yet, but I am not hopeful.
128x128barz1114
My history with them is not good.I lost a few small ( broken ) items and got nowhere and not worth pursuing.They won't even consider payback if the article isn't dbl.boxed. It seems they will look for any oportunity they can find to not pay you back,short of lawsuit. I can understand your frustration.Be prepared to be for a fight.... Good Luck
How much was your claim? I recently got paid on a very small claim ($60) with no problems, but I suspect your claim is much larger. A few questions:

Was the packing the original factory boxes? Did UPS inspect the boxes before accepting the insurance contract? Have they told you they have made the decision to not cover the loss?

You can try hassling them more, but they are used to it. They have built in bureaucratic filters that make it impossible to find a human being who has the authority and the willingness to give you what you want.

You might have to sue them. If there is a factual dispute as to the boxes, they might be willing to settle with you.

Good luck.
I once had a claim ejected, but I fought it and won. You must prove to them that the packing wasn't the problem. Possibly going back to the manufacturer of the speakers and comparing to the original shipping method.
Good luck,
Jeff
A couple of months ago I shipped a heavy tube amp about 150 miles. I thought I had sufficiently protected it with bubble wrap and popcorn. They tell me when it arrived it looked like someone had thrown it off a tall building. All of the tubes had come out of their sockets, three were shattered, and the corner of the face plate was bent. The receiver said not to bother filing a claim as UPS would just say it wasn't properly packaged. I had the carton marked FRAGIL in several places.