Anyone ever have claims for damage with UPS?

I recently shipped some Martin Logan Aerius in their original boxes via UPS and they cracked both of the side rails on both speakers! There is some dispute whether the box and packing material meets their guidelines. They were insured, taped in four different spots with strapping tape, but the just got abused buy them. Any hints on how to deal with them? It's not over yet, but I am not hopeful.
128x128barz1114

Showing 1 response by mrfastguy250aol

WOW,, this is a sensitive subject,, so i will try and keep myself in check!
Fed X ground WILL smash your box, UPS is better, but still not great, however, THE MAIN problem with shipping is HORRID packing, i have bought too many items to count online, and spent countless thousands of dollars. Learn from my lesson, DO NOT BUY FROM A SHIPPER THAT WILL NOT PACK PER YOUR SPECIFICATIONS!
Factory packaging is almost always insufficient, and most morons that ship, wrap some bubble wrap around a cd player, wrap cardboard around it, add liberal tape and call it good!
(yes, literally)
I read one thread here that thought peanuts should be sufficient peanuts are FOOD ;-)
PLEASE remember to use multiple layers of cardboard, styrofoam works MUCH better than bubble wrap, and you can buy sheets of it at any Home Depot type place. For heavy amps etc, use at LEAST 4 inches of solid foam on ALL sides.

PLEEEEEEEEEAAASSSSSSSSE???????????
Happy shipping ;-)