Anyone Ever Figure Out Who Really Designs And Build the Kiseki Cartridges?

I am thinking of adding one more cartridge to my collection, well because I can. Back in the days that I got into analog, the arena of rarefied cartridgees was quite small. I remember offerings such as the Ortofon MC 200, Koetsu Rosewood, and the Kiseki cartridges. I never got a chance to experience the original Kiseki cartridges, heck I never got a chance to see one.

As you know, in 2011 these cartridges were reborn. I have never been able to read who actually designs and builds these cartridges. Oh I read the back stories on their page, and I am a bit put off by some of the "mystique" or hype surrounding certain build aspects. Diamonds polished by human hair? I dunno. But with that being said, I still want to own one, just to fill a long standing question of how does a Kiseki perform?

So I am tentatively planning on ordering a Purpleheart in the coming days. But like everyone else, I really wonder who designed and builds them. One thing I notice is the internal impedance is much higher than what is considered the top tier modern MC’s. The Koetsu are 5 ohms, ZYX 4 ohms, Ortofon A95 or Winfeld TI are 5 ohms, Lyra 8 ohms, Benz Micro wood 12 ohms. The Purpleheart is listed at 42 ohms, and the only higher internal impedance cartridges I find are from Hana, Clearaudio, a couple of the Denon, and that is it in a basic search.

Has anyone ever heard any credible information on who builds and designed this cartridge?

And out of curiosity, anyone ever heard of who builds the Sumiko Pearwood or the Palo Santos?

neonknight
Does not design and build. When you read the history, Herman sent 6 cartridge bodies out to 3 cartridge makers, and that is all the backstory we get. Happened in a reaction to losing distributorship of the Koetsu line in Europe. 

http://kiseki-eu.com/how-it-all-started/
Why is this interesting question not directed first at the USA distributor for Kiseki? Last I checked, it was Upscale Audio. 
Levinson discovered Takeda san (Miyabi) ordered the cart and
sold under his own name. Krell deed the same by the same Takeda.
Marovski ordered by Coral (MC 82) and sold in USA under the
name ''MIT''. The difference with Herman van den Dungen was
the reason. Herman's was revenge against Sugano's way of
doing business..
If it were me, I would only wonder whether there are any similarities between an "old" Kiseki Purpleheart and the new revival of the Purpleheart, with respect to construction and performance parameters, before investing. Chances are, the resemblance is limited.  So, you would be buying the name only, if you buy a new Purpleheart.  (Well, I guess the body of the new one is made of purpleheartwood, like the original.  That is something, at least.)  I always thought that the KP was made by Sugano before he started up Koetsu.  Beyond that, I had no reason to care.  The old KP always had a good reputation for sounding good, however.

Can you find out about weight, compliance, voltage output, cantilever type, stylus shape, inductance, etc, for old vs new?  Did the old KP have such a high internal resistance as you mention for the new one? The high resistance suggests high-ish inductance compared to most LOMCs.

Well the first review about the first Kiseki (the Blue)  used the

metaphorical expression ''Koetsu killer'' to describe the cart.

The reviewer had no idea that this was the actual  intention of

Van den Dungen who was back then Koestu importer and very

angry at Sugano san because this Japanese ''san'' wanted payment

in advance but then forget to deliver the carts... Among different

possible inspirations one should also count revenge. Van Dungen

thought in terms of ''parts'' and ''wholes'' and decided to design the

body in Holland and order the parts (aka the generator) in Japan

where also some unknown ''san'' would put them together.

The Dutch have an impressive painter tradition so the body got

expected color and shape. But after the so called ''CD revolution''

some or many (?) bodies where left in Holland because there was no

demand for Kiseki cats. Those ''left overs'' are recently rediscovered

so , depending form the amount, two or three so called ''limited

editions'' are produced. To use Lew's description in term of ''old''

and ''new'' the real question at present is who has put the parts

together by the ''new Kiseki's''? Assuming that the old one has

passed away the further question is if the ''new one'' is as capable

as the old one? Anyway I share Lew';s  skeptical assumption that

the new KP sounds as good as the old one.