Anyone else treated poorly by AVA?

Back at the end of December 2020, I placed an order with Frank at Audio by Van Alstine for a Vision SLR preamp. Heard so many good reviews about Frank and his products, I felt that was just what the doctor ordered for my system. At first I was told the custom building of my unit would take up to 3 weeks. Then, as nothing happened, I inquired and was told due to an unexpected high volume of orders, mine would take another 2 weeks. I then told Frank, please tell me if there are any further delays because not knowing is worse than getting bad news. Three weeks past, not a word from Frank. So, almost 2 months past the order date, I called him and he tells me they have a problem, the master technician who builds these units left for another state to care for his wife who got sick. I get that and I hope with all my heart she will be ok. But bottom line is Frank fed me multiple excuses for not performing while not communicating about any of it. It was completely inexcusable. He had my money for nearly two months and did not bother to keep me updated of what was going on. I could not ever recommend AVA to anyone and felt compelled to relate this on this site since I usually see only praise for Frank and I frankly felt the opposite. Worst audio purchasing experience in my 66 years.

128x128baylinor

Showing 1 response by troidelover1499

Seems to me that Frank/AVA could certainly have communicated to the buyer more promptly, but he did provide the refund and the reasons for the delay and mayhem are quite understandable and seems to have occurred without much warning on his end.

For the OP to come on here and post like he has, while contributing little else, also signals the kind of person he is. I think the one poster who mentioned that some people live in ’gilded cages’, pampered and easily angered at being slighted, irrespective of underlying reasons and what others may be facing with in our present world state, themselves need some lessons in humanity.