Anyone else receive low offers right away ?

Seem like everytime i list something for sale i get offers within the first hour . They are hundreds less than asking price . Are people looking for flipping oppertunities here or what ? so annoying .
128x128maplegrovemusic

Showing 7 responses by polk432

If you don't think the item is worth it. Why offer anything at all for it then? Lowballers should stick to garage sales.
The seller should charge what HE thinks he should get. The buyer can always buy new. If people want to go by blue book, let them get blue book to help them find it. Put the price in as firm. It's not a buyers market due to a recession. If that was true, the buyers could afford to buy new. If the buyer is trying to take advantage of that situation, then I string them along for a few weeks and they finally go away.
Invenio78...cars? Not priced accordingly to income or credit? The hell they aren't. Dealerships will work the price down as far as they can for a person with poor credit rather than someone willing to finance (to get a lower cost) then pay the loan off after the first payment, or pay cash like I always did. I had more than one salesman expect me to wait so that they could get the same car for a person with a history of late payments, and even admit to me that he'd get a better price than me just so they'd get a sale. I waited 5 minutes and walked off the lot and had 15 messages when I got home. I went elseware to buy the Cobra Mustang. Lowballers and bottom feeders will ask for anything they think they can get for free, just like a bum that is not willing to work. Doctors included.
Knghifi, I thought I saw car mentioned somewhere. It doesn't take a study to know that a lot of the rich are that way due to sacrifce. The poor made as much money but lived beyond their means. Poor credit should mean more for the borrower to pay back, but in my case the guy with bad credit was getting a lower final purchase price than me. I used to buy new Mustangs every 2 years. The dealerships do whatever they can to get a sale, but should not give someone else not as worthy a better deal just because they think I'm a lay down. They found out when I went elseware. I got lots of better offers then, but it was too late. The 3rd week of January is a very good time to look for a new car because it is the slowest (or one of) month for car sales.
The car dealership has to lower the price for people with slow or bad credit in order to get the person approved for the loan, so that person was offered a lower price than I was offered in order for the dealership to make the sale. I went elseware to make my purchase. Dealerships make money selling money, not cars. They told me this although I already knew that. Nothing wrong in trying to bargin. I've never and will never pay retail for anything. I'll just walk away. Most people won't though. I'm just against lowballers thinking they can get whatever they want for next to nothing. The only reason I've ever financed a car was to get a lower sales price. As soon as I get the first statement I pay the loan off. If I can't, I'll just go without.
3 out of the 4 cars I bought were for cash. The loan companies hate people that don't finance or pay off early. I now have a mint condition SLK 230 Benz 2001 with 6,375. originals on it. It should last me the rest of my life and gets 22cty 32-33 hwy. Like I said most dealerships make money selling money and the last week or end of month is best because the salesmen have quotas to meet in order to receive a bonus. The person with poor credit will make up for it with a higher interest rate, but should not get a better bottom line price than someone that is responsible.
I can get and did get a better deal on the last Mustang GT I bought but I went elseware to get it and got the better price since I took cash with me. 2007. I sold it almost 3 years later while it was still certified and sold it outright for 18K, invested half of it into my stereo and the other half in gold. Drove my minivan for a while then dumped the gold and added the money to my 18k and ended up with no money into the Mustang. I am an educated consumer @ 58 and retired when I was 49, so there isn't much I have to beware of (except the sound of solid state) Now I have a Benz Komperssor with 6,380 miles on it that will last me the rest of my life. 4 Mustangs in 8 years was enough for me, but it was at least a little fun.