Anyone else in my shoes? Ears going.........

I just turned 63 and I think I'm going to have to settle for the gear I have with no more improvements. I don't think I can hear the differance any more.

I think I have a pretty good HT setup and a very nice analog rig (for what I can afford), but I think I've reached the point of diminishing returns as far as my aging ears go.

On the plus side, I really enjoy what I have, and my headphone amp and Sennheiser 650's really maximize what's left when I choose the headphoen option.
joe_in_seattle
I'm over 65, my ears are not what they use to be, cannot hear above 13K on a test CD, BUT I can hear subtle differences every time I swap equipment or try a new tweak.

There's no need to give up on system improvements just because of calendar age or presumed deficiencies in hearing.
My ears went along with my **** Maybe they'll come up with a pill for that! :))
I'm in the same boat. Try a pair of Oticon Deltas they boost the frequencys that are needed allowing the mid & low range to pass through unaltered.
I don't know what's worse...I can't see to hook anything up any more - my near vision is so far gone, or having to deal with trying to get a good central image when the hearing in my one ear is way worse than the other. Don't even get me started about the damn ringing in my ears...%$@! Tinnitus.
It might not be your ears. maybe you have finally realized that there aren
salut, Bob P.