Anyone demo or using new B&W 683 S2

I had a very good demo with them over the weekend. I'm seriously considering bringing home a pair to demo. I heard them with a Marantz pre/pro amp combo in direct mode stereo. The only thing that concerned me was maybe a tad too much "sparkle" in the lower treble upper mids. But that only showed up occasionally. I spent a couple hours with them. If anyone reading this has demoed or has the 683 S2 I'd appreciate any thoughts. TIA.

Cheers,

Scott
128x128samac

Showing 2 responses by samac

mwoltmann,

You revived my old thread. It took me more than a year after posting that to finally get the 683 S2s. 

I listened at length to many speakers under $2k; there are some great speakers out there.

The 683 S2s won the day. I've been very pleased with my purchase. They are one of the best speakers under $2k available today.

Cheers,

Scott
@joey_v 

I agree. It's nice to read your POV with your extensive experience with very high-end speakers.

I hope to enjoy them for many years. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the Continuum mid-range driver to make it to the 600 series? When that happens I may be due for an upgrade.

Cheers,

Scott