Anyone considering not buying Chinese products anymore?

I’ve been giving this some thought lately due to the current situation.  I’m not real knowledgable about this sort of thing but I feel like we, along with other countries, have helped make China very powerful with regards to their economy and military, which is a scary situation.  I’m starting to think it would be wise of us to not to support China, simply for our own well being.  This would mean not buying any audio products made in China.  Im not even sure its possible to completely quit buying products made in China because so much of what we use is made there but is it smart to cut back where we can and start supporting small business’ in America?  There’s plenty of excellent equipment made here...
F160c95f c7f4 4a1b bfdc 2f90841d2476b_limo
"Since 96% of a great ape's genome is similar to humans, are they a failed bio weapon..."
No, they are peaceful group.

"...or an improvement gone unrecognized?"

That is a funny one. I may need to steal it before geoffkait gets to it.

So many are holed up in their metaphorical compund, waiting for next instructions from Randy Weaver. I tend to stay away from extremes. Only their “news” is correct and logic flies right by whether it was being delivered by Hitchens or Buckley (I used dead commentators so as to not offend).

Back to the macro...whether you support our current “diplomacy strategy” or not, an undeniable fact is that the USA appears to be moving further away from the seat at the table we have occupied for almost 100 years, the seat of reasonable mediator. Its a tough seat to occupy, it requires being open minded, unselfish and reasonable. It requires accepting the idea that the only true way to get what you want is to help others get what they want. In this circumstance, if successful, everyone gets much of what they are after and rarely everything they sought. That’s the way peaceful relationships work.

I’m less concerned about island building in the south China Sea and more concerned that our leadership didnt even stop the handjob they were administering to Vlad while Crimea was taken. I’m less concerned that China has been aggressive in pursuing their goals and more concerned that we sell state of the art weapons to the Saudis where modern day slavery exists (perpetual endentured servitude) and the rights of women are non-existent.

My biggest concern though is that we have leaders now who use the same tactics that were used to shortchange a plumber in New Jersey and now tries to employ that brilliance with the WHO. Europe just sent a message back which was a big, fat....yawn. Now you may rejoice in the idea of isolationism, I and many others don’t. I rejoice in free trade and the idea that the best and brightest minds in the world wanted to come HERE! They sought great educations and wanted to stay. The idea that silicon valley is an American grown phenomenon is kindof simplistic don’t you think?  Push back from table, build some walls, stop people who are unlike you from entering these hallowed lands because today you can’t figure out what good they might do for you in the future. Our international standing and relevance is being diminished by the minute and if we continue down this path, we will no longer be invited to be part of the solution. 

So, should you buy Chinese made gear? That’s your decision. Would you rather be needed by the other party or would you rather they are completely indifferent to you? Oh, the Italian gear I own is rock solid as has been the Chinese gear I have owned. Heck, so much of what is made and marketed today, regardless of country of origin, is amazing. In other words, all things being equal, the companies and countries that prosper will be the ones who aren’t a pain in the wazoo to deal with. Which one have we been and which one are we becoming. Sure, shrug it off and rush back to Breitbart to look for the answer but make no mistake, the USA(nor Gt Britain for that matter) is not nearly as necessary for others to forge ahead as we used to be. Are we presently reversing that trend or accellerating it?

PS: my stance on immigration is probably obvious...our birth rate is insufficient for the future tax base. Simple economics. I want my social security, even though I dont need it, I look forward to donating to causes that will infuriate preppers and southern pastors.
"If you look at the science, as opposed to the scientists (who being human may have their own agenda),"

As opposed to what other species again? I wonder which MC could be?

Not that scientists don’t have agendas but if you play the numbers the actual facts tend to come out.

Much better than politics where pretty much everything is about agenda and facts often take a back seat.

Nothings perfect but some things like science are designed to work and accomplish certain goals certain ways, which are superior for that purpose than the alternatives,  regardless of the collection of people populating the profession at any given time.

djones51, no need for insults, we are all in the same boat, and none of us know everything. Perhaps go back in the sea to your locker and think about it a while. 
Mapman, do you care about truths not facts?