Anyone considering not buying Chinese products anymore?

I’ve been giving this some thought lately due to the current situation.  I’m not real knowledgable about this sort of thing but I feel like we, along with other countries, have helped make China very powerful with regards to their economy and military, which is a scary situation.  I’m starting to think it would be wise of us to not to support China, simply for our own well being.  This would mean not buying any audio products made in China.  Im not even sure its possible to completely quit buying products made in China because so much of what we use is made there but is it smart to cut back where we can and start supporting small business’ in America?  There’s plenty of excellent equipment made here...
b_limo
Yes, I think you might be right. WHO World Health Organization is behind it. Makes perfect sense! 
Anyone with a Chinese computer and router should not be posting comments.

That's probably what...95% here?
If you look at the science, as opposed to the scientists (who being human may have their own agenda), you will note three segments within the genome are exact carbon copies of other virus strains. While this does not rule out natural causes, its about as likely natural as throwing a bucket into the sun and watching it freeze instead of boil. Both are about equally mathematically possible. So draw your own conclusions. 

But also at the same time if you look at the science the fact this was human engineered does not necessarily mean it was unleashed, and especially not if by unleashed you mean on purpose. China has a long history of accidental release. If you follow the story, this particular virus was stolen from the BSL4 lab in Canada. This is just a fact, they were caught in shipment. So its not like they are big on professional protocol over there. 

People would know all this stuff if it weren't for the fact journalism is so dead that 99% of news is the same fake narratives repeated virtually verbatim 24/7 by thousands of talking heads who seem to be on different channels and formats but are in reality all controlled by the same few corporations.

zyphryx,

I am aware of Chinese, and any other, gevernment trying to assert itself on the world stage and of not being nice players while doing that. That is hard not to notice and China may be the bully now. Not the only bully, though.

In this thread, there have been things thrown in the same bucket with not much logic. For example, OP who is asking questions to educate himself and then getting mad for getting an answer.

It seems reasonable if one does not want to support whoever for whatever reasons. In my mind "I have nothing against people but I am not supporting the government" is a litle strange. It is not some president that will suffer from that approach, it is the guy in the factory. I am not saying let's all buy everything from China to help a worker there. However, claiming patriotism by singling out one country while buying from every other does not make much sense for one's own progress. In OP's case "Buy American" may be more helpful than "Don't buy Chinese". Lifting self up instead of bringing others down, sort of.

Then, there is this new virus that gets tangled in the thinking process for some magical reason. It originated in China, killed people there, ruined their economy, and yet it seems people imply it was all on purpose. A man on the TV cries because of a virus and one should not buy a hammer from China. What the heck?

I mentioned Italy as it has gone through similar mistakes as most of the affected countries, China included, yet nobody talks about it. You could substitute Great Britain for Italy and it could easily be the same approach. Italy simply came to my mind first.

To be honest, I have been avoiding buying things made in China for the longest time and whenever possible. It is not because of their military strength, though. I also avoid buying things made in Italy, or at least I check them in the store for all possible flaws. It is not because of the virus, either. It is because of the long track record of shoddy quality.

Many people who grew up in "totalitarian regime" countries and then moved to "free western world" still wonder what is happening. They struggle with the lack of free speech and movement they have now. They remember not needing to be so careful about what they said. You needed to live it to believe it. Maybe people who grew up in the "free western world" feel the same. The world has changed. Thanks to Chinese-made surveillance cameras and microphones, at least to some large extent. Also, "free western world" is not unified in the feeling of those basic freedoms. Italy and U.S.A. are quite different, for example.

Sorry for this being long. I guess I am devil's advocate.
^ Another post of half baked conspiracy theory nonsense. ^

Only half witted jackasses believe the virus is some " bio-weapon " or human manipulation is behind it.