Anyone compared the Rega Jupiter and Cary 306/200?

Any thoughts on how these two CDPs compare? Thanks.
budrew

Showing 1 response by glide3

Just to show that everyone can have a different opinion. I have owned the 47 labs digital gear, electrocompanient EMC 1, Burmester 979/980, Audio Aero Capitole, Accuphase 75v, Audio Note CDT-2 with Dac 3, CEC tl1x with audio logic 2400 dac and a few others I've probably forgotten. I mention this only to create a context for my next statement.
I like the Rega Jupiter 2000. I own it and use it in a second system. I paid 65% of the new price and find it to be well designed for it's price and I think it is a very sweet and musical player. Of course it is not nearly as refined as many of the players above....but it costs a fraction. I like it because it is easy to listen to and does not sound as agressive and digital as most others in it's price range.
I have no experience with the Cary but have heard very good things. I am not suggesting that you go with the Rega above the Cary. As has been pointed out it is, on several levels, an unfair comparison. I would encourage you to listen to as many players as you can before you buy and don't disgard the Rega out of hand....for what it is it playes music very well.