Anyone compared AR HD 220 to Accuphase P-7000?

I am trying to pick a more musical power amp to replace a ML 334 in my main system. Narrowed it (currently, anyway) to 2 very different possibilities - the AR HD 220 and the Accuphase P-7000. The rest of the system consists of AR REF3, AR CD7, ML 390S, SF Auditor Ms, and a REL B-2. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

As always, thank you in advance!
4musica44107

Showing 2 responses by 4musica44107

Thanks to Chucktone and Dave_b for your comments. I am auditioning the HD220 at home this week. It is superior (as expected) to the ML 334 in every way.

Dave_b - Could you please tell me specifically why you feel the HD220 "sucks". I have not yet heard the VS115 but so far, I am liking what I am hearing with the HD220. Of course, that is in relation to the ML 334.

Dave_b - Thanks for the specifics. I am a long-time SS guy who is only now making the transition to tubes, and so I am still learning exactly what to listen for as I audition equipment with tubes. Tubes certainly present the music in a much more musical way than the SS gear I own or have previously owned/heard. In example, I can't get over how much better (to me, anyway) the ML 390S sounds when it is run through the ARC REF3, regardless of whether the HD220 or the ML 334 is used. So far, every upgrade choice I have made has been "just right" for me, and I want to make sure I achieve the same result with changing the power amp. Your comments and those from Chucktone have been very helpful and are appreciated.

No one has commented specifically on the Accuphase P-7000. Does anyone have any guidance/thoughts to share on how that amp might work with the system I have built thus far?