Anyone compare the Rega Planet 2000 & Creek CD50?

Hi there.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with both of these players (Rega Planet 2000, Creek CD50) and could offer a comparison?

Thanks.
vertewax

Showing 1 response by franklandmesserac24

Hi,
yes I have. While lookinbg for the best sounding cdp under 1000 EUR I compared the Vincent CD6 (tubed), the Creek CD50, the Rega Planet 2000 an d the more expensive Naim CD5 and Audio Analogue Paganini MKII.
Me and a less experienced friend took notes separately. The Vincent felt short an was removed shortly. I wasexpecting al lot (cause of reviews in Germany and the good make), but it sonded sharp, undetailed and boring like a cheap old 1bit player.
The Creek - sorry - was the next to remove. not bad, rythmic and detailed, but far less dynamic an detailed like the r3est of the field with a unblooded bass an less precise soundstage.
The Rega is very good and in till this comparison the best up to 1000 EUR. The AA MKII and the Naim have a warmer and more natural sound and deeper and better bass (like more expensive players should have), but are more expensive. The AA is more laid back than the Naim,but cheaper too.

A couple of month later I had the chance to compare the Rega against the (in Germany) new Arcam CD82 over a weekend at home.
Wow the Arcam blew me away. the sound is quite similar to the Rega, but everything is better: detail, soundstage, impact, impact, impact, bass. This is by far the best I heard up to 1000 EUr and even above - you should as always listen yourself.

I now want to do final comparisons to the AG Njoe Tjoeb 4000 ant the Consonce Ref 22, which are more expensive and follow a completely different philosophy with their tubes.
I will update my experiences.

ciao,
Frank