Anyone care to share their opinion of the Vandersteen 2ce sig mkII?

I've been searching the speaker discussions and have found many comments.  But wondering if anyone would like to chime in about the mkII specifically.  I have a pair in my room for the last month and have done extensive comparisons to my Snell type D and Maggie LRS.  They certainly are very good speakers!  They image and soundstage really well.  They also have good tonal balance and range.  I can see why some say they are the best value around.  But, there is something bugging me about them that I am trying to nail down. 

For 2ce owners, what do you like best about the speakers?  What are you using to drive them?  

For those who have auditioned and passed on them, what was it you did not enjoy about them?  

This is a tough decision to be sure!  But, I can't keep another set of speakers, especially ones of this size.  More listening to come as I try to sort my thoughts.  

All opinions welcome

pkatsuleas

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

I should clarify, I am NOT a dealer, Just like people making a fair run at various approaches to better sound….

Since 1977 they have not been everyone’s “ cup of tea “… it’s OK.

I do have a set of 8’ Shotgun external biwire cables terminated w low mass Vandy sized spades that have about 100 k miles on them as evaluation loaners so Vandy owners can properly biwire. I believe many take a cursory unfortunate run at it w an internal bi wire cable which defeats much of the benefits…

enjoy the music !!!