Anyone auditioned Pass Labs XP-30 preamp?

Has anyone heard the XP-30 that was released a couple of weeks ago?

I have the XP-10 and just wondering how much better the XP-30 is at $16.5K? How does it stack up against the Ayre KXR preamp?
sfstereo

Showing 2 responses by swanny76109

Thesoundhouse--interesting! I have the XP10 and love it too and have always wondered about the XP20--can you be more specific about why you stuck w/ the XP10? How did bass compare? That XP30 looks out of control--or totally in control, depending on how you look at it. Looks like it's best for a complex, multi-amp system with external crossovers--like Nelson's own system! Anyway, it is nice to see Pass always pushing the envelope. We'll probably see an XP10.5 soon!
Mdowns, I also went from the X1 to the XP10 and got it from Mark too, and yes, what a great upgrade! So much better bottom end, better volume flexibility, better remote, better gain structure, and great at low levels. Warmer sound too and more musical. I bet Mark said the XP30 was great, for 16K it better be! To Rockitman, my read on the owners manual for the XP30 (now posted on the Pass Labs site)is that they really did make some big advances on the circuitry and power supplies that would lead me to believe that it does offer significant advances in SQ, but I would think you'd need a very high level system to enjoy those differences. And a bunch more cash. I'd sure love to hear it.