Anybody tube rolled 845's?

I have a pair of Cary CAD-211AE monoblocks, so I need four 845 tubes. I already have tubes supplied by Cary but these are made in China. I am curious to try different tubes but given the cost of 845's and the fact I need four of them this could prove to be a very expensive exercise!

I am curious to try to KR Audio and the Cetron ones. Both of these are quite a bit cheaper than the RCA 845 (which I understand is the best).

Anyone like to share their experience? Also please state what amp you have and what effect the change had on your system.
amfibius

Showing 1 response by sns

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the TJ Fullmusic 845's. Beautiful sounding in my Art Audio Carissa Signature. I had the KR's previously, a certain unrelenting and analytical presentation in my setup. I also had issues with reliability as one failed and a replacement was on its way out when I replaced with the Fullmusics, absolutely no reliability issues with these. I have not tried the Shuguangs, however, Joe Fratus at Art Audio stated I would prefer the Fullmusics.