Anybody try the new Heaven 11 Billie Mk 2?

Looks like a great amp but not many reviews yet. I may give one a try and see how I like it. I’m cross shopping a Pass Labs XA-25 for comparison. 

tubeguy76

@tubeguy76 They have 30 day trial, 5 years warranty. If you do return, I believe they don't take back the tubes part. No big deal. Be prepared to keep the Billie amp though. I truly believe it's an incredible all in 1 piece. Before you buy, talk to the owner, see what kind of differences you can expect from the regular tube vs the gold tubes that come with the amp. It might just make the difference between being in love with the amp vs not. 

Regarding power. The atma is 200 watts into 4-ohms, I believe its limit is somewhere around 230-250. You can keep it on all day night without a sweat, said so by Ralph. Oh regarding power, I can tell you I don't even use 1 watt in my amp. And my speakers are 85db sensitivty. 

@tubeguy76 

Actually they have a 30 day return policy so that's something.  I would like to compare with my Rogue Cronus III.  

What are you waiting for? With a 30 day try it at home without risk policy…

hehehe

yes i hope @tubeguy acts on this and reports back so we can benefit from his observations

as for me personally, not having tried this billie thing, i would take the xa25 any day of the week.... oh sheesh, i have one!  🤣😂😁

@jjss49 
If I do try the Billie, I'll report back.  Here's my issue, I have a list of probably a dozen amps I'd like to try and trying to pick one is a real bear.

@tubeguy76 I’d be curious to hear, also.

Even if you do like the Billie, the question for me would then redound to other factors to compare with other contenders:

How long has the company been in business? 

How is their service for units which need a fix?

What do used units sell for?

How do they pair with other things? (E.g. Is the Billie’s preamp good enough that if you wanted the a different amp, you’d stick with the Billie as a preamp only?)

These were all factors which (a) pushed me away from the Billie and (b) toward separates.

I am so glad I have a Pass XA 25 for all the reasons above -- company reputation and service, used market value, flexibility as a single function device, and pair-ability with other components.