Anybody heard the TAD 805SD speakers?

Looking at the ad for these speakers, I figure that either:

a) these are the greatest bargain out there for bookshelf/monitor speakers, OR,
b) the descriptive hype is way over the top

Anybody actual heard these?
bostonwheeler

Showing 2 responses by ronniet

Hmmm... just a little suspicious after following the audioreview link on TAD's site where one "Randall Johnson" (a pen name, perhaps?) gives a lengthy and glowing review of these speakers - It reads much like the ad copy on the site... plus lines like "I really can’t tell you how much I love this pair! Just Buy them!" and "The purchase price is too low - hard to compare. Keep in mind the suggested list price of $1899 when shopping." Maybe just me, but something seems fishy - we've all seen this before where a vendor creates his own positive buzz to promote sales... just my 2 cents.
Since having posted my earlier comment, I've checked out reviews of other Bizzy Bee products by A'gon members (and elsewhere) to find it seems there's a loyal following due to a very good quality product being offered at a very fair price. Perhaps the "Randall Johnson" review is just harmless free advertising, but is it really needed? The products obviously speak for themselves - I may even make a purchase at some point - With the in-home trial & return policy, those prices sure are tempting...