Anybody heard the Cayin CDT15

I am trying to find some info about the Cayin CDT 15 tube/ ss cd player. Unfortunately their website is in German. Does anyone know about this company, how does it compare to other players? My other main interest is a Rega Jupiter.
banksfriend

Showing 1 response by klmok388

I owned a Cayin CD22, an upgraded version of the CDT15 for Hong Kong market by its local Agent. Though I didn't have the opportunity to compare CDT15 with Rega's CD player in a Hi-Fi dealer's shop in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, the Owner of the shop demonstrated to me the comparison with a Classe CD player which was three times the price of CDT15. The winner is still the Classe but not by a broad margin with CDT15's solid state ouput and he assured me that CDT15 was better than Raga pricewise and sonically.
CD22 sounds great once the original Sovtek 6922 tubes were replaced with Siemens E188CC. Even my wife in next room could hear the higher fidelity that CD22 could deliver. With changing the tubes, the solid state output will be better and its tube output is disappointing.