Anybody Heard Belles350a replacing a rogue 88

Looking to go back to ss because I replaced a ML331 with the 88 & my reason for this is the 331 was dark in the upper end. But I miss the sheer power & those blacks of the 331. Belles 350a looks good & the odyssey looks good to. Any thoughts would be appreciated.The system: Naim 3.5. clearaudio champion level 2. benz glider. quicksilver phonostage. ARC LS25Mrk2. Cellestion A3. Wire is wastach cable works.
bj812

Showing 2 responses by rhyno

i have a 350a and it is an amazing amp---i have great difficulty imagining anything that can better it significantly in any area, and its $3500 retail,easily beating those 2x the money.

i haven't heard the rogue 88.
bob

what's your system look like? maybe it wasn't broken in (i.e. needs @ 200hrs in my experience). my system: pioneer pd-65 transport>belcanto1.1 dac> joule electra la-100mk2 pre> belles 350a> merlin vsm-m.

there's a shade of darkness in my overall presentation--but that's the joule's fault, not the belles.

i have great difficulty defining its character, as with the merlins. i would not agree w/ will re: cool and analytical at all...if anything, i'd say organic, spacious, in total control, and fast/clean. love it love it love it.

--which i guess proves will's point. listen for yourself.

feel free to search for extended comments i made on the unit on audioasylum general forum, search for belles 350a.

rhyno