Anybody have some experience with Bedini amps?

I need a power amp for my Shahinian Obelisk speakers, and Shahinian recommends Bedini.I like natural,liquid,relaxed,but dynamic,musical sound with "be there",live feeling,bass must be exellent ,full and detailed, and i allways prefere analog to digital.I like all kind of music.I am thinking about Classic 100 , or older models.
ziva

Showing 1 response by jcorona1800

I have had a 25 25 in & out of my system for almost 30 years. it has never failed to impress & has never once required service. (It does run hot around 140 degrees at the heat sinks! )
I have heard rumblings that Bedini amplifiers were not necessarily the most consistent amplifiers made, for various reasons. My amp simply sounds Great ( I am in the industry & have had literally dozens of amps roll through the system over the years, but the 25/25 sounds as relevant today as ever & even amazes new visitors to the room on a weekly basis.)
Perhaps a bit of a cautionary used purchase ( I'd advise hearing one in your system first. ) My experience has been nothing but wonderful !(it's back to being the main amp with a very current Meridian front end)
(speakers powered over the years include, various Acoustats, various Apogees, Eminent technologies and the occasional Quad on the planar front, Shaninian's, Energy Veritas, Mirage M1's, currently driving Canton's Reference 7.2, & many more boxes in-between.