Anybody have help me with wall MOUNTED speakers?

As opposed to inwall speakers.Looking for a high quality narrow speaker to mount on the wall.Looking for truly high fidelty with the inherent limtations that mounting would cause.In wall speakers have inherent limtations and not many of them sound very good.Looking to speand some ching here (without getting crazy).Layout of low cieling lkarge rectangular room.Dining area toe side and seating on the other.But entier of these is a dedivated listeing area.Want to mount speakers on wall between windows where maybe 6-8" in width exists.Speakers will be on long wal pointing out to porch area.Bass can be augmented wuth a Sub.Was thinking the Infiniti MTS tower colums (for which you can order mmounting brackets)well these would be nice but Ithink a bit out of line $$$ wise at what $5K.Also they are a bit thick.What caught my eye was the new Maggie HT speakers which are designed,again,to be mounted on the wall.How Magneplanar whose designs always needed "room to breathe" ax chieves thing is an intruiging).So can anybody think of an alternative?????Maybe even in wall (which esthetically/looks wise would be best).I remember years ago while driving a Cab in Boston a guy handed me his card and said he repreted a company whose product was a full range electrostatic driver that was mounted in the wall and wasa few inches wide.And given it's "statics" nature did not have mnany of the sonic drawbacks inherent in not having a box to have it's substantial impact on the final product.So if you follow this and the maggies are a starting point can anybody think of any other products with simmilar size,cost and performance?
Thanks
Chazzbo
chazzbo

Showing 1 response by c123666