Anybody go from Thorens 125 II to VPI?

Unfortunately I have got hooked on vinyl after 15 years of only digital - now I can hardly listen to digital and have a TT in all 3 locations where I listen. I have a mint Thorens 125 II with TD 16 arm and Shure V15VMXR at work, where the music is on 12 hours a day - and a VPI TNT jr with JMW 10 arm and Sumiko Blackbird in my basement (both bought used, mint) - question is: How would a VPI Aries 2 Extended with JMW 12.5 arm (for sale on A'gon and E-bay) compare sonically with the Thorens? The threads on many Thorens' devotees' sites is so enamored of Thorens that I thought I would ask on this forum, which was so helpful in getting me re-started and now fully addicted to vinyl. Anybody have first hand experience of the VPI TNT jr and Aries 2 with 12.5 arm in comparison to a mint 125 II? For the record, my vinyl yardstick is the Sota Cosmos III (vacuum) with Shelter 901 and EAR 324, in my main system. See what you guys have done to me?:)
Thanks for your input.
springbok10

Showing 2 responses by springbok10

Interesting. I have listened to both the VPI TNT jr and the Thorens now and, although the composition of the systems is so different, making comparisons almost impossible, is it possible that the VPI is "less alive" than the Thorens? The VPI is certainly more accurate, detailed - but am I detecting a lack of verve, life there?