Anybody getting Paradigm Studio 100's to image?

Can these speakers produce a convincing soundstage and a realistic center image, or are they just a good speaker to rock out with? My Dunlavys are going and I have a chance to pick a pair of the studio 100 v1's for about $500. I heard them in a store once and they seemed to be pretty dynamic and have good bass. I just cant remember if they imaged well. Are these "reference speakers" or are they just a notch or two above circuit city stuff?
chris96

Showing 1 response by richmon

I've got the Studio 60's V1. I've got them imaging just fine, definatly Bi-wire them and assuming your electronics are good enough you'll be there. All the little things matter with micro current issues that enable imaging.
Use good interconnects and speaker cables to enable these micro currents to be passed along, give it the cleanest power you can (dedicated outlets, or power conditioner) to keep the AC grunge from obscuring things. Put good isolation thingies underneath you components (sorbethane pucks or vibrapods are cheap). All these things mattered in getting my Digm's to image.