anybody buying into magnetic levitation "eliminates the effects of any vibration" ?

it is a cool idea but the claim is preposterous, if the bottom magnet moves that forces the top magnet to move.  If the bottom magnet vibrates, the top magnet follows suit. As an extreme example lift a corner of the base and the top moves right along with it. It may  dampen the motion and act like a spring, but they are still coupled together,

They say it is not attached in any way to the bottom, but it is because you also have the vibration from the base plate through the posts to the top plate. Without the posts the top would just slide off to the side so they have to be mechanically coupled

To read the hype you would believe it is like a magic carpet that just floats in the air, but it is definitely coupled to the base. I'm not saying it might not be the best sounding base in the world, I'm just saying what they are claiming is  impossible, and if someone is making claims that are absolutely not true it makes you leery.
herman
Ketchup is a little slow out of the bottle today. We’ve already addressed his concerns. 
nothing is perfect, so it did not make sense for the OP to harp on the manufacturer's claim

I disagree... the point is ... manufacturer claims that his product is perfect i.e. it "eliminates" vibration , he is lying or he is ignorant of the laws of physics.

It is one thing to engage in hyperbole such as "this is the best" or "you won't believe how better your system will sound", and quite another to make statements of "fact" that are blatantly false.

The RELAXA  530 eliminates the influence of any external vibration frequencies

Zero resistance equals zero vibration.

This statement is not hyperbole, it is blatantly false, and therefore it is perfectly acceptable to call him out and bring it to the attention of the community.

Hi,

As the worldwide distributor for RELAXA (except 4 countries) I find that there are some very interesting comments on this thread. I agree that there is no perfect anti-vibration platform but after trying over 50 different anti-vibration products we are really proud of the performance of the RELAXA platforms and on my personal system, RELAXA did make a massive improvement. Before we decided to represent RELAXA we tried all 3 RELAXA models on 6 different very good systems. Our original thoughts was that the platforms would only work on turn tables and tube equipment but the positive effects on solid state equipment was also easily audible. Every system we used the RELAXA on was improved and it was very easy to hear the improvements. I always ask the same question when I am installing a new piece of equipment "could I live without that piece of equipment" and I could not live without my RELAXA platforms.

I find it interesting that so many people have a hypothetical opinion but have never actually tried the product. We have sold almost 100 RELAXA platforms in the past month and we have had zero returns and most clients have ordered a 2nd unit. I enjoy reading the forums but I always trust my own ears and that is probably why I have A/B tested so much audio equipment. As the saying goes "I liked it so much I bought the company". Although we could not actually buy the company we did purchase the worldwide distribution rights and we are extremely happy with performance of all 3 RELAXA platforms.

The ads on Audiogon are to create attention to the product. We have edited the wording and I apologize if this has caused anyone to lose any sleep.

Cheers,