Any YBA Design YC201 Cd player users out there?

I inquired once before but have not heard from anyone using the YBA Design YC201 Cd player.

Are there any out there that are using or have used this relatively new cdp from YBA. How does it sound, and how does it compared to others?

I am currently using the fantastic YBA Design integrated w/ DIY (Snell) speakers and the lowly Oppo HD970 universal player.
128x128mjcmt

Showing 1 response by defstathiou

Hi, I have heard both the YBA Design cd player and amp. I think both are lovely. If you liked the amplifier then in my opinion you will also like the cd player. They work very well together. I think these pieces are a bargain - they provide a liquid, fluid and smooth midrange at a very reasonable price.

I own a lot more expensive YBA gear and as you spend more you get better dynamics, detail and frequency extension. So you can get better hi-fi by spending more but the amazing thing is that with the YBA Design cd and amp you do get that magical midrange that is the YBA characteristic.

By going for other cd brands you may get better detail and frequency extension (hi-fi characteristics) but at the expense of the magic midrange (music). I'd go for the YBA combo any day.

Good luck.