Any Tool fans out there.

I've been listening to rock for over 25 years with my head stuck mainly in the 70's. Then a while back I started trying out different rock. A few months ago, I was in Tower Records and asked the salesman for suggestions. He gives me Undertow by Tool. Wow!! You guys have got to listen to them. Even if you don't like rock, you need to listen. Bass freaks will love it. Lyrics and music are powerful. Sound is superb quality and one of their cd's is HDCD.

They are great in concert. Their drummer reminds me of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin. Listen to Kashmir or the Immigrant Song and then listen to Tool. Now, I have all their cd's but still favor Undertow. What's your favorite?
gjbianchi

Showing 3 responses by jlind325is

I have been listening to Tool and Perfect Circle for years now, I agree Undertow is the best by Tool and i prefer 13th step by Perfect Circle. They have been reference discs for me for a while, if a system can reproduce Tool well then most anything else will sound good. Have you guys heard Tool on vinyl? Check out my pic of my turntable. The album you see is Lateralus. I recently saw them in Seattle, they rocked!
Snipes-Perfect Circle has three albums out, their latest is called Emotive. Its a very politically charged album. Their rendition of Imagine is incredible, definetly more aggression in this album than 13th Step. I really like it but i think its less popular than the first two. maynard was dressed as a cowboy for the show i just saw, tight blue jeans, cowboy boots, big belt buckle , no shirt and a cowboy hat. Kind of wierd to see him dress like that, i was hoping to see him cross dress like he use to or maybe as reverend Maynard.
snipes-i understand your reasoning about Emotive. The show was Tool on May 2nd at the Paramount in Seattle. I think it holds about 2400 people. The show was awesome, my friend and myself had great seats, we could see the whole stage without any problem. Treat is putting it lightly, they rocked like only Tool can. The timing between those guys was spot on, i will remember that show for the rest of my life.