Any thoughts on Pass X150.8 ?

I don't see any reviews or impressions of this amp. Any thoughts?
smodtactical

Showing 2 responses by dep14

It's a GREAT amp, plus Pass is just an awesome company to deal with.  The support is outstanding.

While I have a 250.8 that I love, a friend has the 150.8 and we have the same speakers (Salk SS12's).  The 150.8 does a great job of driving them also.  

Just barely to the warm side of neutral, great bass and articulation without being harsh on the top end.  

Holds value well (especially if you buy used), great support etc.  Unless you have something absurdly hard to drive tough to have a bad match.
I have owned a XP12 and now a XP 22 pre-amp.  

I've owned many pre-amps over the years.  I have to say the Xp12 was in the very good category.  It's quiet, neutral etc.  But, I think there are others in that price range that aren't better or worse, but different and I won't go as far to say the XP 12 is special.  It's very good.

The XP22, for the money is excellent.  I consider it to be in that "special" category for it's price range.  I also consider the 250.8 to be "special".  

Depending on the speakers I was driving...

I would do a XP22 and 150.8 over a XP12 and 250.8.  Unless I absolutely needed the extra power of the 250.8.

But the XP22 and 250.8... Man I love this combo.  I do know that many at Pass consider the 250.8 to be a sweetspot also.