Any suggestions for good obscure music?

Category: Speakers

Doesn't have to be too obscure. But I'm looking for some new stuff to listen to. Good music that's well recorded by someone I haven't heard of. Any suggestions?
If anyone is interested I would suggest a compilation disc titled "A Nod to Bob" on Red House Records. This is a tribute to Bob Dylan by artists on the Red House label. Not one bad rendition on the cd. Although they were all written by Dylan, there are a few I hadn't heard before.
I've purchased several cds by artists found on this disc and have yet to be disappointed. I'm listening to Greg Brown "Covenant" now. He's one of the artists on the Nod to Bob. Great stuff with wonderful sonics.
timrhu
http://www.mississippistudios.com/

Diversify with 2004 and 2005 mississippi studios live CD compilations. They are listed under Studio Projects. The studio owner took his favorite live recordings for the year and made CD's out of them. Proceeds benefit the low income after school music program. Hey, can't beat that. Both collections are excellent. I can't wait for 2006!

edit:

Hey Marco, I saw Kris Delmhorst at Mississippi studios too. I have most of her CD's as well. Songs for a Hurricane is excellent. If you're a book nut you might like Strange Conversation, her latest.
Want obscure? Try ''Has Been'' by Captain Kirk himself, William Shatner. This cd is no joke, and is critically acclaimed, if not a commercial success. The music is smooth and impeccable. It's different, intelligent, and very nice to listen to.
Here are some wide and varied recommends:

The Delays "Faded Seaside Glamour"
A gorgeous album with unbelievable vocals

Hem "Eveningland"
Beautiful acoustic music, outstanding songs and performances, top 10 album of the year for me 2004

Eastmountainsouth "Eastmountansouth"
Excellent acoustic music, many duets and great songwriting

Imogen Heap "Speak for Yourself"
Wonderfully dense mix of pop and elecronica, stands up to repeated listens

Story of M "These Little Crimes"
Fantastic album from this hard to categorize female led group. Available only via CD Baby, where you can find lots of unknowns making great music.

Enjoy!
Dengue Fever, Escape from Dragon House. It's one of the oddest discs I have. It is a Cambodian woman singing with an american pop band. The band sounds very retro-60s, kind of like what you might have heard in a 60s spy movie. The singer sounds a bit like Debbie Harry of Blondie, but sings in Khmer, a language I was never familiar with, but which is interesting becasue they have alot of consonant combinations that are not in any other language I've heard (like p and n together), which gives the music an unusual rhythmic quality. The first couple tracks aren't great, but there are some real gems later on, with the final track, Hummingbird, quite appealing. It took a few listens before I liked the disc, but it grew on me. Recording quality is good, no obvious irritants, but not great by audiophile standards. I think I'll listen to it tonight!
First off, thanks for replies. Second, I apologize for the location of this thread; I noticed it wasn't in the music category as I was hitting the "submit" button.
I'll definitely be checking some of these out. As for my taste, I'll try just about anything.
One of my favorites from cdbaby is Ross Beach - Country. The guy tells a story like John Prine.