Any owner thoughts on the Belle 350A amp?

Hello,

I have been looking for a new amp and the Belles 350a has peaked my interest. What are your thoughts for those who own this amp and others you compared it to? Other amps of interest would be the Sim W5, Blue Circle BC 8 monoblocks or Herron 150 amp. I am currently using the Herron VTSP-1A pre amp so input impedence is a possible issue to consider. Thanks.
goose

Showing 3 responses by rhyno

belles is true plug & play (100k-ohm input impedance, so no problems there)---will work w/ ANY speaker. very organic, great imaging, excellent bass (really, excellent throughout the freq spectrum).

ultimately i sold mine for 2 reasons: 1) i got a CTC BBQ for less money (its a legitimate superamp retailing for $7k), and 2) the belles' biggest fault was stage depth, particularly when music got complex. the stage depth would collapse & run together. a problem w/ symphonic music, but for jazz, vocals, R&R, folk, the belles is a great amp.

but really, the reason i sold was b/c of #1. CTC gear is amongst the best in the world; belles is good/great, but not BEST.

oh, the 350 puts off NO heat. and physically small. also considerations worth noting.

i think marty at BoundForSound had a very good review of it.

rhyno
actually, i foudn the staging issue was resolved with the CTC amp. listen as the dynamic gradations run up & down from quiet to loud...the stage collapse does happen.

its still better than anything else out there for $3500 retail easy...i really liked that amp, but the CTC i got for the same money is in a different league.
best

rhyno
what's your rig bob?

i have a pretty revealing system: G&D transport into belcanto 1.1 dac, into G&D preamp into merlin vsm-ms w/ TG Audio cabling (silver) througout. never had the problems you did w/ belles gear...it was an excellent performer, but i'm curious as to what you're using that it didn't work for you.
best
rhyno