Any other Paradigm Studio 100v3 owners out there?

I just picked up a broken in demo pair from the same dealer that sold me his first pair of v1's 7 years ago while I was in college. Since that day I've owned some fairly expensive stuff including NHT 3.3's and Genesis APM-1's and I can honestly say that these speakers compete with anything that I've personally used. They are truly spectacular. I'm supplementing them with an HSU vtf-3 crossed over very low and I'm really happy with the sound. What an exceptional value Paradigm speakers are.
matti

Showing 1 response by matti

I'm afraid it's been way to long since I've heard/had the V1's to accurately suggest what the aural differences may be. I can tell you that the midrange on the new speakers is really great, and that the highs and lows seem to be very extended.

Build-wise, I've heard folks complain about the fact that the v3's aren't available in veneer and have subsequently lost some weight. But I have to tell you that the new drivers look to be among the best I've ever seen in this price range. The tradeoff seems fair.