Any other Agon Love for UFO?

Was listening to UFO- (Phenomenon) today. Got me thinkin’

Obviously, musical taste is very personal but I am surprised this band is not more well know and appreciated. I’ve had a pretty extensive listening and music network for many decades and I’ve NEVER met anyone else that knows this band more than casually...let alone owns their music.

Yes, I know they have sold millions of albums and mine is an admittedly limited sample... I get that...but they are strangely missing from many’s list.

They have all of the elements of what make their genre successful ...starting with Phil Moog, an incredible lead/ voice...good songwriting (Spirited at times, but, not many lurid references just for the sake of it ; ), the occasional presence of Michael Schenker, they were a great live show, etc. etc.

Look, I don’t start a lot of threads like this..... But, it is shocking to me that this band is not more well known/popular. I feel that they are some of the very very best at what they did/do.

What are your thoughts/experience?

P.S. I truly feel that Strangers in the Night is one of the  best live rock albums ever created. OMG Rock Bottom will burn the house down if you are not careful ; )

128x128ml8764ag

Showing 1 response by ml8764ag

lg1....thanks for the tip...researched your Between the Walls mention...although I am fairly experienced with UFO...did not have/hear Force it... only some of the live versions of those songs on Strangers and otherwise.  

Thank you...will be doing a deep dive on this ...