Any Ohm Walsh owners using tube amp?

Happy owner of upgraded Walsh 2-100S3s. Sound good in my living room with less than ideal listening setup running off upgraded McIntosh MC250. However, after borrowing a friend's tube preamp I have realized I can get more out of them. I am thinking in terms of a tube integrated to get a full tube experience vs just a preamp.  Had heard a Conrad Johnson 45S2 unit a few years ago in Memphis that was wonderful to my ears but only 45 wrms. Curious if any fellow Walsh owner are or have run tubes and your experience. Looking at more modern units like Rogue CM, Raven, CJ, BAT. Open to suggestions too?
joekapahulu

Showing 1 response by ron325

I have slightly upgraded Walsh 3's and I'm running them with a CJ Classic 60SE (60 wpc). I've had these speakers longer than ANY piece of equipment (7+ years) and this combo is my favorite sounding setup yet. However, I've moved to a bigger house and in my current room (20x15x8), my CJ runs out of gas around 95-100 dB. At 90 dB and below, it sounds amazing, and the bass is impressive. (Full disclaimer... I "cheat" by using a Schiit Loki and I DO crank the bass/treble). When I had this system in a smaller room, volume was never an issue.