Any Mark Knopfler fans out there?

I have been a Dire Straits fan since they first started. Had most of their music when I was in college and enjoyed it on my roommates hi-fi system. (Never cared too much for Brothers in Arms).Those old tapes and LPs are long gone but since getting into hi-fi recently I am replacing them with CDs and really falling in love with them again.

Really didn't know anything about Knopfler's very prolific solo career until I got Tracker. Very different from Dire Straits but a really great album musically and sonically (with great DR!). I subsequently listened to some of his other solo stuff and it left me a little cold. Sailing to Philadelphia is okay to me, Privateering seems closer to Tracker in style and content. I ordered it on CD but it has not arrived yet.

His new album comes out later this month. Not sure what to expect. Some of the same band members will be on it. It is described as slow and folksy which is what most of his solo stuff has been. Hope it is not too much 'slower' than Tracker.

Any thoughts on Knopfler's solo career or this upcoming new album?
n80
Me!  Want to be blown away?  All the Roadrunning with Emmylou Harris. Really. 
Mark Knopfler is not only a talented guitarist but a true creative original artist who tells stories and paints pictures with his music. He also happens to be a bit of a stickler for sound quality.

He built the now famous British Grove Studios around a Neve 88R console and ATC speakers (Mark’s preferred choice of speaker). Tracker was produced there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Grove_Studios

What’s not to like? I’m a big fan. I agree, "All the Road Running" is probably my favorite album. I do like his work with Dire Straits, as well! Like Jackson Browne, you won't go wrong buying any of his albums.
There is a video interview about the Tracker album. It was shot in that studio. Knopfler relates that he enjoys the whole process: writing, playing, recording, producing and even touring. He considers himself lucky in that regard. He seems to be a genuinely nice and interesting person as well. Very thoughtful, open and intelligent.