Any love for newer Krell amps?

I recently bought a Krell Duo 175 xd power amp, after debating between it and a less expensive Coda power amp.  I was not able to hear either amp so I based my decision on the recommendation of a dealer who sells both.  I’m liking the Krell very much. I’ve seen a lot on this forum about Coda amps but almost nothing about Krell.  Any Krell owners, enthusiasts or even detractors out there?
fast

Showing 1 response by tom8999

Here is my 2 cents - I have used Krell integrated amps for over 15 years. My oldest Krell KAV 400 xi just died. 

I replaced it with the new Krell integrated - K 300i two months ago. It uses the XD amp design and puts out 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms. It pushes my Maggie 1.7is very well. No fans are used to cool the integrated amp. I have a bigger sound stage and way more detail especially in vocals. My second system uses the Krell Integrated - S550i. This design precedes the XD design. The new Krell sounds better in my main system. 

Krell’s new XD amp design is an advancement -IMO - in quality sound. Per Krell the amp runs longer in Class A power before is goes to Class AB - and i can hear the difference.

To Krell’s credit - they tried to repair my 15 year old KAV 400 xi. I ran up an $800 bill on these repairs and the Amp was still ‘not stable’. They gave me a credit so I could apply it to their new integrated amp. I bought the new Integrated Amp and I cannot be happier.

you have to put a value on a manufacturer that stands behind their equipment and works hard to keep their customers happy.

Happy listening