any lawyers in this forum care to give an advice?

Purchased a pretty expensive speakers outside of audiogon, from a retail store. Arrived damaged, claims denied, been getting the runaround since the purchase date. Last few months, avoiding contact through email, text and phone calls. I’ve been very professional and patient.......any advice or help will be appreciated..This is a problem between the seller and its shipper, not me....I’m just a receiver of damaged item........thankyou

sambo00701

Just a few questions. Am a retired lawyer, not currently licensed to practice anywhere. So I won't. But  were the speakers visibly damaged upon receipt? If so  why did you acept them? If not visibly damaged, how do you know they are not defective from a manufacturer's defect? Or, were they damaged before shipment and the seller concealed that fact? Each of those three answers could lead to a different approach. At least this happened less than a year ago so there may be a valid warranty claim and the statute of limitations is probably no bar yet. So, not sure I can help.

First question did you pay by PayPal ?

how long has it been since you payed for them ?  
PayPal gives you 6 months ,a credit card only 3 months .

please let  us know , and how much $$ did you spend 

Were speakers in their original box ,what brand , they are all important factors.

last possibility is to file suit in the state they were shipped , i had a trial by phone 

I was in MA , the defendant in WA state ,we had a 3way conversation ,I sent all info 

to the prosecutors office  I win the case  and was paid within 30 days . This was about 6 years ago.

Try making a complaint to your attorney general. In NY, this can be done online.  I made complaints against AT&T and an insurance company and actually got results. It’s free and companies generally listen when they get a call from the AG.