Any insight on Tekton Double impact BE, Focus Se, Salk SS 8, or Golden Ear TRef?

I am looking to replace my 20 year plus towers. However I noticed that most notable speaker manufactures are not putting out what I consider a true full range speaker 20 Hz to 20 Khz (Well not for semi sane price points that is). So I have been examining some of the big bang for the buck and consumer direct brands.

My Budget is for something that come in between $6,500 - $10,500. System requirements is something that is a tower  with frequency response between 25 Hz to 20 KHz.
Capable of handling the dynamic bass heavy content of electronic music from thing like Bass 305, Bach Organ works, or Bass Guitar centered works from folks like Kyle Eastwood or Marcus Miller. The primary listening I do is Opera Metal, that has broad range of content and vocals styling of classical opera but is also bass heavy with metal guitar, drums, and a lot of classical instruments. So it is just not about the bass the system has to be able to have some finesse and detail. Something with sibilant treble will not work. Especially when those powerful Soprano voices really start to wail on the metal tracks from Arven or Leaves Eyes.

My system is dedicated 2 channel Balanced Audio Tech VK 32 Se preamp and VK 500 SS amp. At 250/450 watts 8/4 ohms I have a decent source component and plenty of power.

The two notable consumer direct transducers I been taking a hard look at is
Tekton Double Impact BE edition $6500.00Salk Sound SS8 or SS8 Be for $8995.00There is a lot of favorable press on these but I have never had a chance to listen to one or any knowledge on their build quality which is the biggest concern for me. I desperately want to avoid shipping a 100 plus speaker in for repair. Is there any insight that I should be advised against if I move towards these products. The SS8 I know are really highly regarded, the DI have a little bit more of mixed response but there is enough favorable press on them that I they are also a very strong contender.

Brands that are offered by dealers I can drive to and listen to are:Golden Ear Reference $8998.00 towers great extension and very listenable. Not real punchy or as fast on the transients as the Legacy.
Legacy Signature SE. $6500.00 Has all that I am looking for does not go as deep the TRef. But filled the room I was in with more bass.

Legacy Focus SE, $10,600.00 a pair. This one I liked the sound of the best. It gave me the most in terms of bass energy and the dynamics I crave. Not as relaxed in the treble as the TRef its highs were to my ear more forward, which could be problematic on bright and spitty recordings. None the less I do not think treble would be a problem when mated with the more neutral sound of the BAT gear I have.

So far I am leaning towards the Focus SE, however since I do not have any experience with either Tekton DI or Salk SS8.I simply do not want to rule them out without getting some insights from those that own or had experience with them.
How much consideration should I give to them? They are at much more manageable price points, but do they truly offer comparable sound and reliability, that I will be doing myself a disservice should I not take some time to explore them further, before pulling the trigger on the Focus?

Thanks all for the help.

walkertm
Walkertm
thanks for the tip and I wish they would get back to singing in the
Rob Halford,Dio, Geoff Tate  vocal style for Metal

@axememan 

Agree, I'll even take the Dave Mustaine/James Hetfield gravelly snarl style again.

There is actually a lot of good music out there, but I can't take the growling.