Any info on the new Audio Research VS115 tube amp?

My local dealer said that it will include balanced inputs (which the prior VS model did not). Curious if others have heard any more information. Supposedly, ARC will have one at CES...look forward to hearing attendees' comments about this new tube amp! It is not supposed to be ready for delivery until the latter part of January.
mcrheist

Showing 4 responses by basile

[Hi, at 20 hours I checked the Bias and every thing was ok all tubes 065 mV. After 45 hours I measured again.
The V2 had 067 mV and V4 was at 064. All other tubes were at 064-065. I adjusted the V2 back to 064-065 and I measured then on V4 only 059 mV
After 2 hours I measured again 066 on V2 and 062 on V4.
On first use the VS115 matched with LS26 was very close to REF110. Then after 10 hours – it exhibited a darkish character, without the tubey warmth, dry and mechanical sound. After roughly 55 hours things began to change and soundstage opened up, detailed and smooth.But i think i have to wait for ca. 150 hours to break in for full improvement. The sound of LS26 also evolved during the break-in period and i heard no further changes after 160 hours/]
'Hi, does anyone have checked VS115 on stillpoints or not, change its powercord or not, I was using the VDH mainsteam cord\'
'I'm curious about the sound and if owners are still happy with this amp.I have only 20 hours on them, mated with LS26 and PH5/vdH the Condor cartridge.When I first installed the amp compared to my old VS55 the sonic character is ARC and the sound was superb (very close to REF110) with controlled, detailed bass.Mids are very smooth. Focus is not so good but its only 20 hours.
Thanks for your input./'
[Hi Zekor,yes, you can only adjust 4 of the 8 tubes and check if the matched parallel tube falls within the range.
For my V4 at 059 i asked the Customer Service of ARC. They told me that its ok in the range, but if i don't like the sound i can change the tube v. my local dealer. Now after 60 hours the V2 stabilised at 066 and V4 at 062.
I would say it is better to contact directly to ARC and don't swap the matched tubes.
Good luck, looking for your reply/]