Any heard of Porcupine Tree?

They're like a cross between Floyd, King Crimson and old Genesis. Been fairly big in Europe. Just starting to catch on in the states. On tour here right now. Mind blowing shows. They have release a dozen os so records, mostly under indie lables, but a lot is being re-mastered and I saw 4 or 5 at Boarders. Give Stupid Dream or The Sky Moves Sideways a try. It's progressive in'05.
alephman
In Absentia just doesn't do anything for me, and because of it I haven't been motivated to buy Deadwing. Before In Absentia I was buying everything they produced. My favorites are 1) Sky Moved Sideways, followed by a tie at 2) Signify and Stupid Dream. Recordings is also excellent.
Bdgregory, Their sound has changed since they signed with a major lable. I think their best years were when they were with Delerium. But I do like Deadwing and In Absentia grows on you after you listen to it a few times. The records you picked are among their best.
Chris
Ashra- PTree has been to the TROC in Philly twice, this year and 2004, where they opened for Opeth. Both times the sound has been horrible, not sure if it's the band's or the venue's PA system at fault. 2001 at the TLA, 2002 at the TLA and 2003 at the Tower had stupendous sound quality, try to catch them somewhere other than the Troc, they'll be doing a fall tour this year.
Stupid Dream is their most acessable (and my personal favorite) release, but it's currently OOP, should be re-released in the near future.