Any great speakers out there?

There are plenty of "good" speakers.

Are there any that can bring tears to your eyes, or give goose bumps?

Price no object - what are they? I haven't heard any since I sold my Apogee Studio Grands.
kwb

Showing 3 responses by fam124

Kwb and/or those who haven't seen this one yet who might enjoy a bit of levity: I presently have an auction running at eBay of a pair of speakers that DO seem to live up to your standard, i.e., they bring tears to my eyes, albeit NOT by way of their sonic attributes! Here's an excerpt from an unsolicited email one recent viewer sent me: "Good evening, Just re-read your listing (I read it previously on your initial listing) only this time I encouraged my wife to sit in on the reading...We laughed ourselves sick, as I did the first time through..." Frankly, I don't feel it's really that funny, but IMHO it IS at least worth your having a look. If interested, check out: http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1303949992
If necessary, I apologize in advance for deviating from the straight and narrow.
Drrdiamond: With all due respect, "the moderator" didn't catch my "CHEATING" by reason of the fact that your "opinion" is wholly without merit. Clearly, the reference to my auction at eBay should be recognized by one and all as NOT having been offered for the purpose of "advertising" the product!