Any experience with Tube rolling 6922 for Conrad Johnson preamp?

I am running the stock 6922 in my Conrad Johnson ET7 series 1 preamp.  (If you are not familiar, the preamp uses a single 6922).  My dealer won’t discuss other tubes, encouraging me to only buy from CJ.

wondering if anyone can share their experiences rolling the 6922 in an ET7, other ET series, or even older CJ preamps.  Also wondering what brand of tubes CJ uses as stock - I have not yet removed the cover to see.

have created wonderful improvements with NOS tubes in other equipment, hoping to do the same here with the 6922.  Full disclosure-I have also laid some eggs, too.  Very expensive eggs.
meiatflask

Showing 3 responses by meiatflask

I have an email into Upscale.  I have purchased mullards NOS 12au7s for an amp based upon their recommendation and was very happy.  curious if he recommends the matsushita/national that dill suggested above.
1- dill- at such a low price of $35, the matsushita/national seems like I can’t lose giving it a try, compared to the high price telefunken.  What other tubes have you listened to for comparison, and in which preamp?

2- have any of you suggesting the telefunken listened to the matsushita?

3-jampro - any issues using the 7 volt 7dj8 in a 6 volt system? Certainly these are much lower in cost that the 6 volt telefunken, but wondering if their is a compromise somewhere in the circuit.....

thoughts?

bill
The response from Upscale Audio:

“As we're not a Conrad Johnson dealer, we just don't have enough information on their units to be able to answer your questions. You would have to contact the manufacturer or a CJ dealer.
Best,Thom”