Any experience with Tannoy loudspeakers?

I need feedback fro Tannoy owners.  Did you satisfy with bass extensions   ? soundstage
128x128bache
bache:

I was joking. I don't listen to hard rock/heavy metal so I have no idea how they would sound on my Tannoys, which BTW go down to 16Hz. It all depends on the room, not on the surround.
@johnrothschild, each and every Tannoy speaker I have heard R1, MX3, R3, DC6, Berkeley etc had a full sound never too far off neutrality. All of them good all rounders with plenty of Bass warmth.

However they would not be my first choice for Rock or Metal - there are better options out there for those genres. I’d start by looking at something from JBL, then maybe ATC, PMC etc.

In my experience those genres thrive primarily upon attack, dynamics and speed. Not especially subtlety and nuance.

Even some budget / party speakers can sound decent with Rock.
Tannoy has a loyal following and I consider myself a big fan.

Like Dan I have vintage hpd drivers but mine are in a newly made cheviot cabinet made of birch. The sound is fantastic in several different large rooms I have had them in. They sound really good almost anywhere in the room but yes with some toe in they sound better.

I have a pretty good sub and since getting the Tannoys three years ago I have not even considered using it. In fact I consider myself a bit of a bass head but since getting the tannoys I don’t even think about bass - just the music. 
@Jburidn bass   performance depend from room of course and 
from  woofers , cabinets ets , If any manual say 16hz it may be 
10-20 db down. BTW, dont trust for 100% 
bache’s English is not the best, so just for the sake of all of the contributors on this thread, and others of the ops, bache is a manufacturer of speakers out of Brooklyn N.Y. I do not believe he is a shill, not telling anyone. I just do not think he knows enough to state it. He does fish for information to help his designs and sales. I typically appreciate when an audio manufacturer or an audio related business ( such as a store ) to be open about it, which is why I am posting this. Enjoy ! MrD