Any experience with Tannoy loudspeakers?

I need feedback fro Tannoy owners.  Did you satisfy with bass extensions   ? soundstage
128x128bache
@williewonka 
No, they have some space around them from the corners - about 3.5 feet from back of speakers to the front wall, and just shy of 2 feet from the outer sides to walls. Gives them enough space to breathe, even with all ports fully open. 10' ceilings help, too. 

Works out nicely because visually it acts like a "stage" for the system, and all the gear is set back enough to be protected from the walkway. 
Mine are toed-in to cross just behind my head at the listening chair. That's what the folks at Tannoy recommended.
I’m not sure if it is the same for all Tannoy speakers, but this is from the Kensington manual
Locate the loudspeakers so that the favourite listening position is approximately 15¡ from the axes of the cabinets. Theaxes of both cabinets should intersect at a point slightly in front of the listening position
And from the Kingdom Royal manual...
The axes of the cabinets can even intersect at a point slightly in front of the listening position.
That aside, I have heard that just behind the listening position is preferred by some people, so I believe the above off axis placement is the suggested "starting position" and is NOT absolute because they also cite reflectections as being a crucial part of speaker placement and that would impact off-axis positions.

Personally, my Mercury speakers sound their best, i.e. in a large room with side walls about 8 ft away, with off axis just behind the listening position in order to provide the largest sweet spot. But I am wondering if that is because they do not use the dual concentric drivers?

That aside, I have heard that just behind the listening position is preferred by many, so I believe the above off axis placement is the suggested "starting position" and is NOT "cast in concrete" because the manual also cites reflectections as being a crucial part of speaker placement and that would impact off-axis positions.

But one thing seems to be "a given" - Tannoys seem to require significantly more acute off-axis angle than other brands.

Regards - Steve

I used to have tannoy windsors, they are really good speakers.
Bass solid not boomy and mile wide soundstage.   In my home theater i built 6 diy subs with 15 inch tannoys that we took out of a church, they do wicked bass in big 8cubic foot enclosures.   Tannoy makes everything from cheap to uber awesome grade products.   I also have a little bookshelf pair that dont sound good at all, worse than similiar sized polks.

I'd like to know what Tannoy owners and auditioners think of, say, a Kensington GR with hard rock/heavy metal. I listen at low to moderate volumes.