Any experience with Tannoy loudspeakers?

I need feedback fro Tannoy owners.  Did you satisfy with bass extensions   ? soundstage
128x128bache
@cd318      i feel some sarcasm about Dan project. MDF- is one is best
material for High End speakers Cabinet , majority of famous brand is used to, dont scare too much about resonance , well done braces almost eliminate. regarding bolts-- one guy i remember, send the post
to audiophile community ----after replacing driver bolts he get  significant
sound improvement .period 

Dan's project is impressive regardless of the fine details and what-have-you's. Yes, the Westminster is the only current production Tannoy with a complex folded-horn cabinet structure, and has been for some time. The other cabinets are pretty simple (minus the nice cosmetic wood work) but reasonably well braced and upper-line products use the excellent Baltic birch plywood. Part of me wishes I had Westminsters instead of Canterbury, but I think they would just overwhelm my room.

So minor philosophical differences aside, you can at least see how enthusiastic we Tannoy owners are for our speakers - one common theme is that we all feel Tannoy offers a good route out of audiophile hell and towards musical bliss. Get you some!!
tbevan,
I remember listening to a pair of original  Arden's back in 1977. Wonderful sounding loudspeaker. Easily bested the Yamaha NS-1000's I had at the time. :-)
The main  principal difference  big size Tannoy  loudspeakers to compare  to other  famous brands  - they use non compression woofers. 
is require big amount volume, but much more sensitive,  no need big
monster amps, much more faster and get much better midbass ability.  
Huge soundstage , not boomy base
i liked
@mulveling - youmentio the tannpoys are backed into an alcove - are they right up againt the wall/corner?

Cheers