Any experience w/ Conrad Johnson MET150 5ch amp?

Not much info out there in this amplifier. I was looking at this to do double duty with my HT system and a 2ch preamp w/ HT bypass and a DAC. Looks like a good amp, but there is very little info out there that I can find in terms of reviews or forum chatter.

Anyone have any experience with it? I am currently using a Lexicon 512NT, which is essentially a re-badged Bryston 9B-ST. Looking for a more refinement, and a little less fatigue on the top end.
mekong56

Showing 1 response by marco1

I haven't owned the MET150, but I have listened to it. As a reference I also use CJ tube equip. in my 2ch./HT system. IMO, it really depends what your priority is. 2ch. or HT? The MET will give you what you're looking for in terms of more refinement/less fatigue for music. It will be a big difference from the Lex. But for HT it can be too much of a good thing. What I notice for HT in my set-up is a lack of dynamics and punch sometimes. It can be too polite. It's one of the compromises I make for a combo system. I think the MET was really designed more for music and IMO would be a very good choice if you listen to a lot of music videos, multi channel SACD, etc.