Any direct comparisons between Decware SE34I.5 and SE84UFO2?

I’ve been unsuccessful finding many listening notes contrasting the character and tone of the 2 models. With the current long lead times I guess I could just order both and then easily sell one, but I’m not ready to start buying amps 2 at a time yet. (And if they’re any where near as good as the individual reviews claim, I’d probably end up keeping both.)

For my personal set up I’m not overly concerned about the power output difference. Either should be fine with Zu Soul Supremes. I have a Primaluna now so I have a few EL34 compatible tubes I could use, but I don’t have a benchmark on how different the same tube in a different amp would be. I realize both amps are using a pentode tube as a triode, but I’m not sure how different that is from a true triode SET.

There’s an element of ongoing exploration here. The easy answer is to try everything, but time and money are limiting factors. Is triode mode on the Primaluna giving me an idea of what to expect from a SET amp? Seems like having at least one of these is worthwhile even if some fancy boutique 300B monoblocks might be in my eventual future (the exception to the rule against buying 2 amps at once).

Please chime in with firsthand (or even secondhand) anecdotes, links to reviews I’ve missed, better search terms, cat pictures, or knock-knock jokes. Thanks.

cat_doorman
Can’t really help you except that you probably can’t go very far wrong with either.
I’m using the SE84UFO which is a gas to own. The tubes it uses are really inexpensive (I mean I just bought some for a little over a buck apiece) and so you can fine tune the sound to what you’re looking for. I haven’t gotten into tube adapters yet but that opens up even more possibilities.
If you think you can suffice with two watts the SE84UFO2 with all the mods should be a great amp.  If that isn't enough buy two and bridge them.  Basically the SE84UFO3 with meters.

I’ve owned the 341.5 for about a year.  I upgraded with all the options and I think the price was near $2500.  I chose it because it has a few more watts.  I’ve used it with Decware 945 speakers and a pair of custom made Lii Audio Silver 10 s.  My system also includes two REL subwoofers.  From the deepest bass to the highs, a real smooth performer.  Mid range is superb.  I prefer the Lii Audio speakers. Not being a professional reviewers, I can only say that everything we throw at it it handles. Best of luck choosing
Perfect examples of the amp I have is outstanding, but I haven’t heard the other one. I’m more appreciative than that sounds. I’ve just sifted through lots of individually superlative reviews.

I have found a very few direct comparisons on different forums, but since the amps also have nicknames (Rachael and SuperZen) and search engines generally return results by the page instead of by the post, it can get complicated to get the right combination of search terms and then sift through and find direct head to head comparisons. The results also depend on the speakers and room and the tubes and the music. General impressions I’ve gotten are that the SE34 is a little warmer and laid back, but makes up for it with more power. The SE84 is more dynamic and precise but can run out of gas (which makes sense if you’re trying for more volume than 2W can get through your speakers).
cat_doorman,
I own the S34I.5 "Rachel", it is all you need, due to 6 watts per channel.  Single ended triode amps uses only three internal elements inside of the tube, due to the way it is wired.  Lesser elements involved, the lower the distortion.  Also single ended amplifiers waveform does not pass the signal to another tube once it passes the 0 point.  Pushpull amplifiers usually operate where the waveform trades off signal to another tube once it passes the 0 point.  I run my Decware amp with the Decware CSP3 preamp,  Decware switchbox, and Decware ZP3 phono stage.  The sound is clean, powerful, and realistic. If you choose Deware lower power amps, just make sure you use higher efficiency speakers  for compatibility purposes.  Good luck.