Any B&W 802D/800D alternatives looks and sound?

I'm looking for a speaker that sounds as good or better then the 802D/800D speakers and also look just as great or better! So far I haven't liked the look of the Maggies or the Martin Logan's but I haven't done much more looking then that. Any other speakers out there that can produce the imaging that a B&W can and also look good while doing it for less?
mstang1988

Showing 4 responses by mstang1988

JC1's or rotel 1091's. Right now I have the 1091's and if I'm not happy with them I'll go for the JC1's.
Good info. It is most certainly up to my ear to determine the sound but I appreciate the suggestions. It gives me for food for thought and more speakers to audition before making any decision.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Is there an area on the forumn boards with a majority of the hi-fi speaker makers listed?
James,

I 100% agree that I need to listen at the local dealers. That was the main reason for my post, I was certain there had to be better speakers out there for the money then B&W's but I just don't know where to start. Getting a few starting points and tracking down the sales teams with this equipment was/is the plan. I figure a few posts can set me off in the right direction and I can spend the next half a year to a year tracking down what I want.